Thursday 4th October 2018
- Looked into what station we wanted to work on and what music radio actually is.
- What makes a playlist and how different stations do their playlists
Thursday 11th October 2018
- Put into groups and decided on Jazz FM
- Sorted into different roles and what each person is doing in the group
Friday 12th October 2018
- Started working on individual roles
- Attempted to work on clock and how the show will run
Thursday 18th October 2018
- Worked on clocks and what each our will contain
- Different songs, worked with head of music
Friday 19th October 2018
- Myriad training
- How to use the play out system and how to upload songs to Myriad
- How we can use the system in our music radio projects
Thursday 25th October 2018
- Worked on ads and branding
- Practiced on different station and what makes a station using branding
- What ads suit what station and how we can use this for Jazz FM
Friday 26th October 2018
- Worked on the plan for social media, created accounts on instagram and twitter
- Thought about station branding and how we want our Jazz FM to sound
Thursday 8th November 2018
- Started work on ads, I personally started work on a ‘Lovehoney’ ad script (we thought this would be suitable for our ‘sexy’ Jazz station sound…)
- Also started prep for the news alongside Connor, found what we thought would be a suitable bed for the news. We ended up scrapping this as it didn’t sound right in the end.
Friday 9th November 2018
- Kept working on the news bed, and also helped Makee put together the bed for the Top of Hour, and other little beds that would be used throughout the show.
- Looked at Station Sound and Imaging, looking at potential voice overs and jingles that could be used for the station.
- Recorded and edited my version of the Lovehoney advert. Using two female voices and sound affects.
Friday 16th November 2018
- Editing together recordings of voice overs, and making them into jingles to suit our Jazz FM station sound.
- Started work on the social media accounts, referring to the social media plan and trying to figure out how we wanted it to look/sound.
Friday 23rd November 2018
- Finished and finalised beds and imaging, ready for first pilot.
- Used social media and put out tweets and facebook posts while the first pilot was on air. Also use facebook/twitter live for the outside broadcast.
- Used feedback on how we could work on making the show better for the second pilot the next week.
Thursday 29th November 2018
- Second pilot, used social media again and used feedback on how it could be better (examples could be not tweeting so much and only doing so when needed)
- Had more feedback and worked hard all afternoon to make sure the Jazz show was made to the best of our ability. Worked on things such as music beds, imaging, perfecting ads, etc.
Friday 30th November 2018
- Final Show!!
- Worked on social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter.
- Also helped on the Outside Broadcast due to feedback given, which meant I had to help put the broadcast on air. I had to communicate with the band, que them and the presenter in and also communicate with the production team in the other studio.