Following the critical acclaim of hit TV show ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ and the gradual acceptance of cross dressing & transgender individuals, I spoke to Nick, an amateur drag queen who has recently began dragging up. I caught Nick just before their shift at an undisclosed bar in Soho, London and had a varied discussion, featuring topics such as coming out and transgender bathrooms.
1. What is your name?
2. How long have you been dragging up for?
3. Who inspired you to start dragging up?
4. How were your friends and family’s responses to the change?
5. Did you receive any negative responses?
6. What is your view on gender neutral bathrooms?